Ink Studios of Singapore
Although the majority of Singapore is still not accustomed to body modification, they are slowly accepting the fact that some people need to differentiate themselves from the others. Singapore is a home of many different types of people and this definitely does not exclude the artists.
Tattooing or Inking in Singapore is not as popular as in other places but this does not mean that the quality of artists in Singapore are below the artists from other countries. Singapore is slowly starting to accept the diversity of its residents and this also includes their approach to tattoos. Although Singapore is still slowly starting to adjust, progress has been made.
Here are some of the best tattoo studios in Singapore:
Familiar Strangers Tattoo Studio
The best part of this studio is the originality and the creativity of their artists as they invest a lot of time in creating a personalized piece of work just for you. Although creativity is widely sought after, sometimes we just can’t help but not appreciate the originality which is definitely okay with Familiar Strangers Tattoo Studio because they offer re-dos or basically cover ups if you are not totally satisfied with their work.
Body Decor Tattoo & Piercing
There is a legend about one of the greatest tattoo artist of the 1950s whose name was Johnny Two Thumbs and in this studio, the legend continues as one of his sons, Richard Tat, is still continuing his father’s legacy until today. Getting a tattoo from a legendary studio is something you would definitely boast about as you can take pride in getting inked at the Body Decor Tattoo & Piercing.
Imagine Tattoo Studio
If you are looking for that hyper-realistic tattoo or are a fan of realism, portraits, and even geometrical tattoos, the Imagine Tattoo Studio is the place for you! Being able to achieve a carbon copy of a certain image on your own skin is something you can achieve by getting a tattoo at the Imagine Tattoo Studio.
Exotic Tattoo Studio
The first and the best female tattoo artist in Singapore can be found in this studio and if you still cling to that saying that women are naturally more artistic than men, this might be the best place for you to get a tattoo. Although there is no direct relation between gender and skill when it comes to getting a tattoo, who wouldn’t want to brag about getting an amazing tattoo not just because it came from a woman but because the quality of the tattoo itself is amazing!
So now you know four places to get a tattoo in Singapore. The question is, which one would you pick?
Going Over the Forms of Art
Yes, you studied about art in school and yet you seem to forget about it completely. Every day, you encounter art however, you fail to recognize and appreciate it. This is the time that you go over the forms of art and restore your appreciation to it.
Here are the forms of art:
- Mosaic: Mosaic is a form of art that is created through gluing together glass pieces, small stones and other hard materials to create images. This is a decorative art. In ancient times specifically in Mesopotamia, pebble mosaics (floor mosaics) were famous.
- Painting: The most common form of art is painting. It employs paint or pigment and other mediums with implements like brush, knives and sponges. You see paintings on surfaces like walls, paper, glass, canvass, wood and the like. One of the most identifiable painting is Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
- Drawing: Drawing is another famous form of art. The artists use instruments like color pencils, crayons, graphite pencils, pen, charcoal, chalk and pastels. Anyone can draw that is why it is one of the major forms of expression.
- Sculpture: Moulding something out of a thing is truly a great talent. If drawing is two-dimensional visual art, sculpture is three-dimensional. Carving is involved. The mediums include stone, ceramics, metal and wood.
- Pottery: Like sculpture, pottery also involves moulding something. Instead of using mediums like metal, wood and stone, pottery include fired clays. When ceramics and plastics were not available, prehistoric people employ clay bowls.
- Weaving: Weaving is another art that should not be dismissed lightly. Weaving is intricate the result (like tapestries and rugs) give color, warmth and beauty to your floors and walls.
- Photography: With the use of camera, capturing photos has been easier and fun. You see photographs every single day be in in your computer, magazines or newspapers.
The purpose of art is not absolute since it offers different functions. Its purpose is hard to confine it in a single concept but it does not mean that art is vague. Art has diverse reasons for being created and whatever that reason, the artists seek to convey it through their works.
You do not need to be an artist or a fine art student to appreciate art. Art is everywhere and whatever blossoms from your hard work, it will be art. If you want to consider expressing yourself, art may be the one. For more inspiration, you can explore art galleries here in Singapore – there are aplenty after all. If you want to do away with the traditional form of art, you can consider new media art forms like computer imagery and video.