Love and Relationships
Accidentally running into your ex can be surprising, startling and nerve-wracking, but it’s also a bittersweet way to take you back to the best and worst moments of your relationship in less than a nanosecond. Yes, this is the inevitable run-in that we all dread, but when that happens, don’t lose your composure. Gather all your guts, hold your head high and practise the following tips.
- Don’t Feel Obliged to Interact With Him. If your relationship ended badly, then you’re under no obligation to interact or even greet him with a casual ‘hello’. If he cheated on you, broke off your engagement or made you experience far worse things, do yourself a huge favour and just walk away.
- Avoid Trying Too Hard in Your Run-In. Trying too hard is something that you should avoid doing, especially if he’s with his new girl. Never be the two-faced gal and air-kiss her cheek while dishing out details about your new dude, too. Instead, be your usual and cheerful self when chatting with him.
- Anticipate That He Might Not Be Ready to Chat. Just because you’re prepared for this impromptu run-in doesn’t mean that he is, too. So prepare yourself for the possibility that he might rebuff you by the time you approach him. It will definitely sting, but at least you’ve steeled yourself enough for his cold shoulder.
- Turn the Conversation in Your Favour. Talking about current love affairs, family members, and money are some of the touchy topics that you should avoid chatting about during your first run-in. Instead, casually talk about your upcoming vacation, the weather, or the current affairs. That way, you won’t make your run-in an even more awkward encounter for both of you.
- Keep Your Run-In Simple and Short. The best way to gracefully handle an impromptu meeting with your ex is to keep it simple and short. Think of some natural and quick ways on how you can possibly end your conversation. Remember, the longer you drag out your conversation, the more chances you’ll be crossing into a sensitive topic.
- Celebrate a Well-Done Run-In. Once you’ve parted ways, immediately call up your girlfriends to dish out all the details of your run-in: how he looked, who he was with, and what you talked about while getting a pat at the back for coolly surviving your most dreaded run-in.
Meeting your ex for the first time again can put you to an extremely awkward situation, but there’s no need to feel completely stressed out. Just keep your cool, and avoid sounding all bitter about your past relationship. Remember, he’s still the guy that once brought the butterflies in your stomach.
You will always know whenever you are sleeping so tight or not. When you are really asleep, you can never be woken up even by a roaring thunderstorm or a loud music. However, you can get up, when you are shaken up. Sometimes, it is very annoying and is pissing you off but it is the shake that is really an important call for you. When it talks about heartbreak, it can be compared to sleeping.
When you are not listening to advice, tendencies are you may be hurt badly. It’s like a parent-daughter relationship. You are being scolded by your mother not because you are so bad but it is because they want you to learn the lessons that they want you to know. Sometimes, you just need to make several mistakes in order for you to get the lesson out of it. But sometimes, one mistake is enough for you to learn the things that you want to learn.
See those woman who experienced a really bad heartbreak. What happens to them? Did they let themselves drown from that heartache? Maybe there are some but it doesn’t mean that they are losers. It’s just their way to let their heartbreak out. The real losers are the ones who commits suicide. They think that the only way to make escape the painful feelings they feel is to die. In reality, heartbreak is only the same with the reminding yourself that you are not a worthless individual.
It is really hard to move on to your past most especially if you really love the person who left you or you’ve left. However, no matter how hurtful or how painful the break up is, the only best thing to do is to turn things away from that past. Yes, it is hard but it is just for the meantime. It would just take like months.
Five months is a long period. Now, if you really want to forget your past, you have to submit and commit to the challenges around you. Actually, the very first thing you need to master is the never think of anything that remind you of him. Throw all the things that he owns, the things he gave, the teddy bear, the flowers, the love letters and anything that is valuable for both of you.
You should include the photos in your computer, cellphones and if possible the pictures that you have posted on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and any social media websites wherein you’ve showed your pictures to people. Actually, you can keep his phone number to your cellphone because even if you delete it, you still remember it. In a situation that you just broke up with your boyfriend, you have to be strong to not text him.
After few hours of your break-up, he’ll beep you. This means, he wants to reconcile to you and admit his mistakes. However, they will just text you to inform that they want to say goodbye. This time, don’t get hurt. Do not cry. Be strong and keep your chin up. Learn to believe that it’s his loss not yours.